Thursday, March 28, 2013

And They're Done!

I put in a bit of a marathon effort last night to get these buggers ready to roll.
They took me a little bit longer than I'd like since I made a few really dumb lacing mistakes, but alas they're put together. I wanted to have them ready for today (Thursday) so I could put a good ride on them before the weekend. I want make sure they're good to go and to catch any detentioning issues as the spokes settle in before the race since a race isn't exactly a good place to be trying new things.

They've given me a pretty nice sense of accomplishment though. Wheels are one part that most people are scared to touch in fear of messing something up, so it was cool to build some from a pile of parts. Pretty crazy that a bunch of weak, bendy spokes can come together to build something that can haul my big self around.

Here's to hoping they don't explode on me during tonight's training ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment